Aliaxis is one of the world's leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We offer a role as Category Buyer, who will be part of the Italian Strategic Procurement team, providing support to the business objectives of the department.
The ideal candidate will make the Procurement function an asset of the company and actively contribute to the European Procurement network ensuring alignment, optimization and results orientation. The candidate will also be in charge of developing and executing sourcing plans, sponsoring new project for value opportunities and total cost of ownership reduction, running RfQ/RfP results and negotiation, and promoting internally the EMEA rules for Procurement.
The seat of the candidate will be Aliaxis Zola Predosa (BO).
The Key Responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Understand the category and the strategic development
- Supplier scouting and evaluation
- TCO method to evaluate the proposals
- Make or buy evaluation
- Supplier negotiation
- Data analysis for preparing sourcing activities
- Supplier Relationship Management and Qualification of Supplier activity
- KPI of Strategic Procurement EMEA
- Contract Data base Management
- BI RESIN Aliaxis report
- Main Categories: Resin, Plastic parts and Pipe, Metal and Rubber, Transport, Packaging, Engineering, Facilities and Building and Professional Services.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in mechanical / Chemical Engineering or Management Engineering
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Availability to travel between plants in Aliaxis Group Italy, and abroad (for Supplier and Aliaxis EMEA)
- Mobility: minimum 20% travel
- Languages: English, French is a plus
- Team network and team building abilities
- Communication skills
- Focused on understanding and implementing the strategy